Today I am in attendance at the World of Business Ideas on Family Business Conference. The event will be repeated in Melbourne on Thursday and you can still purchase tickets. What an inspirational day of pride and admiration for the room full of families that are the life blood of our economy and the business heartbeat of the Country.
The speaker today is Professor John Davis who is a globally recognised pioneer and authority on family enterprise, family wealth, and the family office. Since the 1970s, he has been a leading researcher, author, advisor, and speaker on family enterprise, and is the creator of many of the field’s most impactful conceptual frameworks. His current focus is on how several macro forces are shaping the world for family-owned enterprises in today’s new global disorder.
This cutting edge thought leadership is a must for anyone who is a part of a family won and run company. The topics included in this wonderful conference are;
· Achieving Multigenerational Success.
· Why successful family businesses outperform the rest.
· Life Cycle of the Family Business System.
· Inside the family business over time: the stages, challenges, and strategies at each phase.
· Business, Family, and Ownership: How these three dimensions change over time.
· How to prepare for what lies ahead in the next stage of your family business.
· Governance of the Family Business System.
· High-performing boards for family companies: the role, duties, composition, and agendas.
· How to create or strengthen your family governance system: family council, family assembly, and family protocol.
· The relationships between governance forums in the business, family, and owners: How they interrelate and coordinate together to be effective.
· Trends and macro forces that are shaping the world around us and impacting businesses and families.
· Understanding change and disruption from the owners’ perspective.
· How family business owners need to shift their mindset and business practices to innovate and adapt in today’s environment.
What an incredible opportunity to share and network with other businesses that may be on a similar stage of business and to learn and be guided by the global leader in this field. What an opportunity.
Thank you to Wobi, John Davis and congratulations to all the brave, courageous and tenacious business owners that have come together today to celebrate all that is involved with being a commercially successful family business.